I updated my resume, LinkedIn and so on tonight. The new bit of my resume that made me smile was this section in work experience:
Digital Compositor Look FX
2011 – Present (1 year) Santa Monica, Ca
Look Effects is a visual effects studio whose credits include Captain America, Black Swan and Green Lantern. My credits while working with the wonderful staff there include:
• The Muppets Dir. James Bobin Walt Disney Pictures
• Underworld: Awakening Dir. Mårlind, Stein Screen Gems
• Red Hook Summer Dir. Spike Lee 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks
• Finder (Season 1) 20th Century Fox
• Bones (Season7) 20th Century Fox
• The Perks Of Being a Wallflower Dir. S. Chbosky Summit Entertainment
• The Dictator Dir. Larry Charles Four by Two films
• I, Alex Cross Dir. Rob Cohen QED International
• Life of Pi Dir. Ang Lee Rhythm and Hues/Fox Pictures
Moving out to LA was a terrifying experience that started with six months of crap, but this makes me feel like it was more than worth it in the end. As an added bit of bragging, my wife spent all night working as an background actress on the set of a major sitcom! I'll leave that for her to elucidate upon.
Keep scribbling, Geek Nation!