Monday, October 8, 2012

The Perks of being a Wallflower.

Rachel and I went and saw Looper last week.  If you havent seen it yet, go tomorrow.  Its one of the best sci fi films I have ever seen and thats saying something.  It was so good I went and bought a Looper style pocket watch.  Go.

Yesterday we went to see Dredd (second best film shot in 3D ever) and Perks of being a Wallflower (PBW) to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. I've been lucky and so far all or the movies that I have worked on and have went to see have had my name in the credits (more on that in a future 401st article), but I've never been bright enough to document it.  So here is the credits from PBW.

Perks Of Being A Wallflower Credits
This movie was really good. Teen angsty, but well made and dealing with serious topics in a manner that if I was young would have found insightful and inspiring.  No self involved teens thinking the world will end if the sparkly dude with the neolithic brow doesnt pay attention to them.  Real topics, real problems, interesting characters and Emma Watson with an american accent.  Hard to ask for more from a teen dramedy. It even has Paul Rudd as the English teacher everyone is supposed to love.  Which now that I think about it, the vast majority of my favorite teachers from high school were English teachers, so maybe there is something to that.  Or maybe its just hard to bond over trig and physics.

No comments:

Post a Comment